Welcome

Welcome

This is my blog.

-Sara

Monday, August 1, 2011

White Water Rafting

We are splashing from side to side, but it is only the start of our epic trip down the Ocoee River. It would not be easy and you would have to tolerate the cold water splashing upon your lap. Soon, you drop off of a five foot water fall, as you are enveloped in water, your friend crashes into you from the other side of the raft, sending you out into the river.

This is what happened almost immediately as we set out on our journey down the Ocoee. I was the one to fall, soon enough though, I was pulled back into the raft by our guide, Stan The Man. First, we were splashed thoroughly as my friend slipped, knocking me into the water. Then, I was out of the boat, then under it, then behind it. I reached up as I heard Stan yelling, "Grab the paddle!!!" I grabbed on and was pulled to safety. Luckily that was the only time that this happened, and I was unharmed.

We had a great time, doing many things like "Riding the Bull." Which is where you sit on the front of the raft and hold on to a rope. If you lean too far backwards, you hit the people paddling, too far forwards and you swim back to your seat. No one fell out except for me, but plenty of people fell in.

Well, I have had a great day and I hope you have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment